Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sugar Free: Strawberry Crumb Pie

I have not been posting as much as I have been wanting to. I've just been a bit busy lately but I promise that this recipe is the best pie I've ever made. I hope you like it too!



Crumb crust:
1/3 c. brown sugar splenda
1/4 c. splenda or preffered sweetener
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 c. melted butter
1 1/3 c. all purpose flour or whole wheat


Strawberry filling:
1 lb frozen strawberries (you are welcome to add more)
1 Tablespoon water
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon unflavored gelatin (I preffer Knox, it is already measured to 1 tablespoon)
1 c. splenda/ sweetener
pinch salt


Quick Directions:

  • In a bowl, combine lemon juice, water and gelatin. Stir a little until it dissolves and let sit for 5 minutes. 
  • Cook strawberries on stove for a few minutes. Add splenda, gelatin mixture and salt. Let simmer for about 2 minutes. Once the two minutes are up, let cool for 30.
  • Combine flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and sugar. Add butter. The end result will be very crumbly.
  • Scoop a few tablespoons of crust into cupcake pan or one pie pan. Press it down just a little bit (or a lot if you want a less crumbly crust). Add strawberries.
  • Bake at 350F for 20-23 min or until crust is ready.
  • Refrigerate for a few hours (2-4 or over night).

I hope you enjoy it! Let me know how it turns out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment