Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Bacon!

I am a big fan of bacon (& so is my sweetie). But since I’ve started DD, I’ve had to switch to turkey bacon. Yes, I know it’s not the same but I do get my bacon fix. This morning I made bacon and eggs in the oven. It was pretty simple. I used a cupcake pan and 2 pieces of bacon. One to go around and the second one I cut in half and did an x. I broke the egg and then placed the overlapping pieces over the egg. It was in the oven for about 15 min (I think, my mornings are slow so maybe it was less). I don’t like the eggs runny so I made sure they were cooked all the way by sticking a toothpick in it.  


This is with regular bacon (for him). 
Here are a few other bacon dishes from the past few months:

Jalapeno pepper wrapped in bacon (this was real bacon, the leanest we could find but you can substitute with turkey bacon) and cream cheese filling. Here is a link to the recipe from the Pioneer woman (love her recipes!). It’s perfect if you love spicy, crunchy and cheesy all together! Yum! 



Be careful with this bacon man log, it can give you a heart attack! Unless you substitute for turkey bacon and ground turkey instead of ground sausage. My sweetie found this and wanted me to make it for him. He enjoyed it! I found this recipe from Baked Bree,
I hoped you've enjoyed this!

No comments:

Post a Comment