Monday, October 31, 2011

Hair Accessories Tutorial

Good Morning Sunshine!
Astrid


I hope that you have had a wonderful, relaxing weekend. Mondays can be 'blah' and hard to get back into the routine of a busy week. It's not all gray and sad, there is SUNSHINE (that you can wear in your hair!). I promise it will make you feel better, so SMILE! 


Here are your materials: 
Thread & needle
glue gun
hair clip
bead or button 
yellow fabric
black ribbon 
non slip grip pad (is usually used under a rug)
white fabric square (preferably thick)



Step by step:

Step 1: Fold and cut fabric until you have squares. Trim around the corners to make them round.
Step 2: Fold the circle twice to resemble a triangle and stitch the pointed tip to the center of your white square. Then repeat on the opposite side. After you have four (make sure the tips don't overlap), add four more on top (trim them down just a bit or a lot )
Step 3: Tread a bead or button into the center.



Step 4: Glue your ribbon onto the clip. You can put ribbon around the entire clip or just the top part.
Step 5:  Glue the non slip grip strip under the top piece. 
Step 6: You can continue to add one on the bottom (optional).
Step 7: Glue the clip onto the backside of your flower.



Ta Da! 
All done. I hope I did not fail to mention anything. If you have any questions, let me know and I will try my best to answer them. Which is your favorite? I love the button version better. Heads up: watch for my first GIVEAWAY at the end of the week. Enjoy the rest of your Monday!
I love putting it on my belt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment